Trinity University

Top Prospects Identified with Major Gift Potential Over $10,000

Trinity University is one of the nation’s leading private, liberal arts universities with 2,600 students on its San Antonio, Texas campus. The university needed to gauge their prospects’ philanthropic propensities and capacities to give to their institution specifically.

Talk to us today

The Goal

The leadership group and advancement services team at Trinity were looking to do a complete screening of their roughly 57,000-record database to figure out which prospects were more likely to give to Trinity.

WealthEngine's Solution

Trinity University worked with WealthEngine to create a custom major gift model, which used valuable relational, transactional, and demographic information and combined it with wealth, assets, lifestyle, and business data from WE screenings.  From the results of the screening and modeling, they created a prospect pipeline and new leads program to serve the major gifts and annual fund programs.

Their Result

The custom model identified the top 10% of scorers who had the ability to give a gift of $10,000 or more to the university. In one of their segmented groups, it was discovered that only 12% of the roughly 5,700 individuals were actively under management and the remaining 88% were donors who had given large gifts in prior years. This was untapped potential that was now on their radar, resulting in cultivation and solicitation across different programs with the assurance of data-driven research.

Make this story yours

Talk to our reps today

Contact Me