Sr. Manager, Engineering
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Manager, Engineering to lead our product development efforts and who is exceptional at implementing modern, responsive user experiences in addition to building a back-end API layer. Candidates should have experience working on a SaaS platform using back-end languages and a variety of front-end frameworks, SQL/NO-SQL databases, Data Science technologies, DevOps, and AWS. In this role, you will lead and mentor a group of elite Architects and Software Engineers to design and build our marque product.
To be considered for this position, you must:
- Exibhit passion for architecture, design, agile process, and working in a disruptive start-up, nurturing a small development team
- Be a hands-on design, development lead with at least 10 years’ experience
- Understand business challenges and requirements, finding creative solutions to turn them into working software
- Manage and lead – people, process, and technology
- Have solid experience building Java-based product and enterprise application solutions
- Experience working on a variety of Java application servers such as Tomcat, Jetty, or WebLogic
- Work extensively with, and have prior experience working with Apache Spark/Hadoop frameworks
- Work with, and have prior experience working with a wide variety of databases, including both relational databases and NoSQL databases such as Cassandra (Preferred), MongoDB, and ElasticSearch
- Possess a strong knowledge of Agile Scrum or Kanban process and tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Experience building DevOps pipeline using open source frameworks, such as Jenkins
- Enjoy a challenge and thrive on learning and working in a fast-paced, performance-oriented culture with intelligent people
- Display an exceptional level of integrity, raw intelligence, creativity, energy, and passion
Though not required, favorable consideration will be given to candidates who have the following:
- Basic knowledge of Data Science platforms and languages such as R, Python, and H2O.
- Worked with systems that use AWS for hosting and have used AWS products such as Lambda, SQS, EMR, and ELB
- Comfort working with all of the following front-end frameworks and libraries: React, Bootstrap, Backbone.js, Grunt, Typescript, Assemble.io and/or Bower.io
About WealthEngine, Inc.
Using actionable wealth and lifestyle insights, WealthEngine fuels highly-targeted campaigns that continuously deliver measured outcomes. The WealthEngine platform is powered by more than a half trillion data points and uses proprietary learning science to create unique WE Profiles for more than 250M people in the U.S. WealthEngine, Inc. offers a rewarding and challenging professional work environment, including a competitive salary and comprehensive employee benefits.
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.